Every now and then,
when the world sits just right,
a gentle breath of heaven
fills my soul with delight…
~Hazelmarie “Mattie” Elliott, A Breath of Heaven
When the stone that is my heart cracks, and the last thoughts before I go to bed are:
- I am amazed how doctors can do their jobs without breaking down. They heal, they see loss.
- I am amazed by the acts of generosity between people. Between complete strangers, and I realise how selfish I really am.
- I am amazed how brave the Armed Forces/ police men going out to face danger, knowing they may never come back.
- I am amazed how a mother can give birth! (still dont want children!!!)
- I am amazed a man can provide his family, and somehow he finds time to spend with his family (i really admire that)
- I am amazed by the Grace of God, every day by his many blessings. How sometimes a moment can make me really think about how wonderful this life is!